9.20.2004

Viva La Resistance

Ah, my second year of sketchitude. Does working in the President's Office here at NCF make me less or more sketchy? At least I don't go to walls! Ha! Anymore. Usually.

Just the other day I was trying to take a nap and I heard Brandon and Page singing the Soviet National Anthem. "Soyooz Nerooshimi, Respooblik SVobodnik, slotila nadeki beliskaya Russe!" And suddenly I felt a wave of nostalgia rush over me like a wave.

I suddenly remembered "The Resistance", our loose-knit group of comrades who on an irregular basis during the 2001-2002 school year successfully mounted a resistance. Meeting once a week or less in the Officers' Club, we plotted, planned, connived, imbibed, and occasionally almost orchestrated said plots and plans.

I'm proud that we resisted. I know that in our own various ways, many of us are still resisting today. And to all of those sketchy alums who were not part of the Resistance, we can only offer our unapologetic ambivalence, and our hopes that you at least sympathized with our noble cause. Once Page and I have reestablished the grandeur of the Officers' Club in our new lanai, there should probably be a reunion of the Resistance, sort of like old Mexican Revolutionaries getting together to drink Tequila, talk about old times, and play a little Canasta.


Love,
Your humble Chairman

Viva La Resistance!

1 Comments:

Blogger RevBLK said...

i love canasta! and by canasta, i mean drinking. and also pinochle. i don't know how to play canasta.

it's funny how those waves will just rush over you like waves, ain't it?

woohoo! viva la resistance!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home